For its 2019 Annual Conference, ESPO is taking you to Livorno. You will find below some practical information that might be useful to organise your stay in Livorno. The conference fee is 550 € outside the scope of V.A.T. as per Art.4 paragraph 4 DPR 622/72 (Italian VAT principle law). You can find practical information about the Conference below or in this document.
ABOUT THE VENUE
The 2019 Annual ESPO Conference is taking place at the Goldoni Theatre.
Built in the 19th century, the Goldoni Theatre is Livorno's best and most loved theatre. It was designed and built with a glass roof in an effort to capture the essence of both night and day, as desired by the architects who conceptualised it. The building has recently been restored. More than just an architectural landmark and a musical venue, the Theatre also stands out as museum dedicated to the great Livornese composer Pietro Mascagni (Livorno, 1863 - Rome, 1945).
A bit off the beaten track, the Goldoni Theater stands south of the city center, less than 300 meters after crossing the Fosso Reale. A shuttle will bring you from a meeting point near your hotel to Piazza Cavour, which is at 3 minute walk from the conference venue.
ABOUT THE PORT OF LIVORNO – Port Network Authority of the North Tyrrhenian Sea
Livorno is the main port of the Port Network Authority of the North Tyrrhenian Sea.
The ports of the Northern Tyrrhenian Sea – Livorno, Piombino, Portoferraio, Rio Marina, Cavo and Capraia Island – make one of the largest systems of Italian ports for the total traffic handled with over 42 million tonnes of goods and 9 million passengers every year. This particular network of six ports comprising the Port Network Authority of the North Tyrrhenian Sea, established after the passing of Legal Decree n. 169 of 4th August 2016, accounts for over 14% of various types of Italian Port traffic (Ro-Ro, Containers and General Cargo) and holds the national record for tonnage of vehicle traffic and number of commercial vehicles handled.
It is the leading node not only for vehicle traffic but also for forestry goods and new cars. The Port Network Authority of the North Tyrrhenian Sea is located in the Tyrrhenian and Ligurian seas (also known as the North Tyrrhenian range) and is the most important Italian node for traffic handled as well as a natural logistics node for Tuscany.
The ports’ proximity to the rich markets of central and northern Italy is their unquestionable strength, while being on the Scandinavian-Mediterranean TEN-T motorway guarantees prime trans-European and international connections. As a result, the port system has a twofold axis, one reaching into core European inland markets and, through north-eastern Italy, into new Central-European production areas; while the other is more Euro-Mediterranean reaching the major islands and the countries on the sea’s southern shores.
More information on the official website.
HOW TO REACH LIVORNO
The 2019 Annual ESPO Conference is taking place in Livorno, Tuscany, Italy.
The easiest way to reach Livorno would be to fly to Pisa or to Firenze and then take a transfer from the airport to Livorno.
- From Pisa: take a taxi (30 minutes’ drive) or a train connection from Pisa Centrale to Livorno Centrale (15 minutes). Please note that there is no direct train connection from Pisa airport.
- From Firenze: take a taxi (1h10 drive) or a train connection from Firenze Centrale to Livorno Centrale (1h15 ride). Please note that there is no direct train connection from Firenze airport to Livorno, you should use the shuttle service (about 20 minutes) between the airport terminal and the centre of Firenze (http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/en/the-passengers/transport/bus.html).
For the trains, check the official website of Italian railways: https://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
TRANSFERS HOTEL – CONFERENCE VENUES
As the recommended hotels are spread around the city, bus transfers will be organized from Max Hotel Livorno, Hotel Rex, Grand Hotel Palazzo, and Hotel Granduca to the conference venue (Goldoni Theatre) and to the dinner venue (Livorno’s Old Fortress).
Participants are kindly requested to have a look at this document for an overview of the bus transfers. You can find more information here.
ABOUT THE HOTELS
We are glad to offer our guests special prices for hotel accommodation. Please note that the conference registration does not automatically imply hotel reservation. To book a room, please contact the hotel of your choice directly. Quote ESPO2019 to get the negotiated price. The prices include breakfast, unless otherwise specified in the notes.
Make sure you are aware of the cancellation policy for hotels booking, which are the same as for the registration procedure:
- Free of charge up to 30th April
- Between 1st May and 15th May: 50% of the fee will be reimbursed
- From 16th May or no-show: no reimbursement
View the hotel’s list here.
View the map of hotels here.
ABOUT THE PORT VISIT
The Port Network Authority of the North Tyrrhenian Sea has kindly organized a port visit on Friday afternoon, just after the conference.
The planning will be as follows:
- 13h15 - pick-up of the lunch package and departure for canal boat tour (on a first come, first served-basis in the registration system)
- 13h30 - departure canal boat tour
- 15h - back from the canal boat tour
Delegates will have the choice to either go back to their hotel or to join the Port Visit by bus.
- 15h30 - arrival back at hotels (if you are not joining the port visit by bus)
- 15h - departure for the port visit by bus
- 17h15 - arrival back at hotel
Please indicate in the registration form if you would be interested in joining either tours or only one.
ABOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE
The conference fee is 550 € outside the scope of V.A.T. as per Art.4 paragraph 4 DPR 622/72 (Italian VAT principle law).
You can choose between 2 different methods to pay:
- By bank transfer: the bank details will be provided at the end of the registration and in the confirmation email.
- By credit/debit card: you will need to use the PAGO system. If you need help on how PAGO works, you can click here for a step-by-step document guiding you through the process. Please note that there might be an extra fee applying when paying by credit/debit card.
Click here to register to the conference.
If you need an invoice, please contact email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
Please refer to the list below in function of the topic of your question:
- Questions related to your hotel booking: contact the hotel directly.
- Questions related to your registration, contact Ara Congressi: firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 0586 377627 or +39 327 3306771 (mobile) or through Whatsapp (Monday to Friday: 9.30-13.00 and 15.00-18.00)
- Questions related to the programme: email@example.com